Monday, July 28, 2008

And Then There Was One

Yesterday morning I was up at sparrow (read: 7am) to head over to Bouken Kazoku to meet Ashley and her mum. I made it there by about 8 30 and we were off to Sapporo by 9 40 (having arrived at the Kutchan station by 9). Yeah, that's right: Ashley left me yesterday u.u

I'm actually going to miss having an excuse to chat with her hosts, as they seem like they'd've been just about perfect for this experience: more farming, more Japanese, more culture, more familial bonding. Alas, 'twas not to be and shall not be in my remaining week here. I could theoretically head down there for the next ten days as a WWOOFer and try to get as much from the experience as possible, but I feel like that arrangement would be somewhat difficult, awkward, or otherwise odd. I've got a good deal of reading and writing to do for my studies, anyway, in order to earn my Ecology credit for these travels.

Anyway, the train to Sapporo was pleasant, and I got to see the Sea, unlike on the original trip to Kutchan. Once we got to Sapporo we got Ash's Japan Rail Pass sorted out and moved on to -- crap, I was sidetracked by planning for the rest of my trip; now I'm going to bed late, too. Still, I'll post this for now and update it (or post anew) tomorrow.

Sorry about that...

No comments: