Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back in the States with a Story to Tell

But you won't be getting the rest of the story this instant. This evening I'll post a summary of the rest of my time in Paris and get the rest of my photos online, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that I'm back in the US, alive and well.

A few notes:
*It's ridiculous that Crossing Jordan on A&E has "ass" bleeped out.
*I rediscovered (for the third or fourth time) the Geek Code, which heralds from the early nineties. It could use an update but's still worth perusing if you consider yourself a little nerdy or geeky (we can debate the semantics of those terms in comments or another post if you'd like).
*I should add a page of useful resources, but I've always found links pages a little sad and pathetic.
*solri (someone I follow on LiveJournal) posted an interesting piece discussing how modern perceptions of Muslims largely fit the old lot accorded to Catholics.
*For anyone who follows xkcd, this Authors@Google talk by Randall Monroe (our benevolent author of xkcd) will please you greatly.
*Those of you interested in Noam Chomsky because of his contributions to linguistics (or for any other reason) may enjoy Chomsky's Authors@Google talk.
*Also, if you missed Fox's spectacular screw-up wherein they reported on a (fairly obviously) bogus story about a thirteen-year-old buying hookers and an Xbox with his dad's credit card, check out this video on YouTube.

That's all for the moment; more things this evening, hopefully more interesting.

Ja ne.

No comments: